- 1 Our #1 Choice
- 2 Top 8 Callus Remover Gels and Creams
- 2.0.1 1. ZoomDry Callus Action Quick Gel
- 2.0.2 2. Mosco Liquid Callus & Corn Remover
- 2.0.3 3. Simon and Tom Callus Remover Gel
- 2.0.4 4. Profoot Callus Blaster
- 2.0.5 5. Urea Cream 40- Corn and Callus Remover
- 2.0.6 6. ProLinc Callus Eliminator
- 2.0.7 7. Sally Hansen Salon Intensive Callus Remover
- 2.0.8 8. Flexitol Callus Remover Cream
Calluses on the feet are not just ugly to look at, they can also be a source of pain. It’s no wonder we look for ways to get rid of them. Aside from electric callus removers, there are also creams and gels available that can help you treat calluses and make your feet soft and beautiful.
Our #1 Choice
Urea Cream 40- Corn and Callus Remover
Why we chose this product:
- Excellent rough & dry skin moisturizer
- Extra strength pain-free foot callus treatment
- Doctor recommended with more customer reviews versus competitors
Here’s how to choose the best callus remover gel or cream and some of the top products in the market.
– Take note that in general, callus remover gels and creams do not usually show immediate results compared to files and electric callus removers. However, their results are often longer-lasting. This is especially beneficial for people who constantly suffer from recurring calluses.
– If you have thick or large calluses, a callus remover gel or cream is suitable for you. You may want to choose those with stronger ingredients but bear in mind that these can be quite harsh on the skin. They will be likely effective in treating the callus more quickly but you could also end up burning the area around the callus or even your hand. For those with sensitive skin, opt for gentler ingredients that may take longer to produce results but will not irritate your skin. Also, if your callus is small, it’s best to avoid the gel or cream and use some other treatment instead.
– Gels or creams are more affordable than electric callus removers and require less effort to use. One bottle or tube can last for multiple applications, saving you money and time as well. Don’t just base your choice on the price, however. Make sure to look for a top quality gel or cream.
– Electric removers and files can be rough and damaging on the skin especially if mishandled or used on a hard to reach area. The best gels or creams often utilize natural ingredients which make them safer to use for sensitive skin and those with health conditions.
– Be sure to strictly follow the directions for use. Typically, these gels or creams should be placed on the area to be treated for not more than 3-5 minutes. To be on the safe side, wear gloves when applying the product as you’re not sure how your skin will react. You should also test the product on a small area first. Afterwards, you need to wash off the cream. Some products recommend using a pumice stone or buffer to scrub off the dead skin which has been considerably softened by the gel or cream, but other products claim to remove the dead skin over time without the need for scrubbing.
– In addition to calluses, some of these products can also be used on corns. If you have both corns and calluses, look for a product that can do double duty and specifically states that it can be used for these skin problems.
Top 8 Callus Remover Gels and Creams
| || || || ||
|ZoomDry Callus Action Quick Gel||Contains potassium hydroxide, carbomer, glycerin, decyl glucoside, and menthol & used by professionals; gel formulation doesn’t drip onto surrounding areas; significantly softens calluses in 3-5 mins; comes in squeezable bottle for easy application||Excellent||Mid-Range||4.4 / 5|
|Mosco Liquid Callus & Corn Remover||Contains 17.6% Salicylic acid & can be used on corns as well; covered by a bandage, it is mild enough on the skin; needs to be scrubbed off carefully & gently||Good||Low||3.9 / 5|
|Simon and Tom Callus Remover Gel||Makes use of natural ingredients like the highly-efficient moroccan argan & tea tree oils to moisturizer & exfoliate calluses; Aloe Vera for soothing sensation & conditioning skin; applied with a glove & scraped off with scraper||Very Good||Mid-Range||4.3 / 5|
|Profoot Callus Blaster||Utilizes micro beads for scouring off dead skin cells; works under the skin’s surface in softening & removing the callus in 2-3 weeks; gentle formula is easy to use & works gradually; no need to apply large amounts||Good||Low||4.0 / 5|
|Urea Cream 40- Corn and Callus Remover||Key ingredient is urea alongside with allantoin and glycerin to condition & relax the skin; safe to use; removes calluses & corns in 2-3 weeks||Good||Mid-Range||4.6 / 5|
|ProLinc Callus Eliminator||Contains propylene glycol, potassium hydroxide & glycerine; moisturizes skin, softens calluses & any hard, dry skin; works effectively after 3-5 minutes of application; used with a buffer or file||Good||Low||4.1 / 5|
|Sally Hansen Salon Intensive Callus Remover||Highly ideal for intensive foot care; uses minerals extracted from the Dead Sea & other plant-based ingredients; quite effective for light to moderate calluses||Very Good||High||4.2 / 5|
|Flexitol Callus Remover Cream||Excellent at treating rough, hard skin & calluses; uses Alpha hydroxyl acid for superior hydration; mild cream used twice daily yielding results in a few days; easy to use without oily feel||Good||Mid-Range||4.1 / 5|
1. ZoomDry Callus Action Quick Gel
The ZoomDry Callus Action Quick Gel contains potassium hydroxide, carbomer, glycerin, decyl glucoside, and menthol for that slight tingling sensation. Used by salons and trusted by experts, the gel formulation of this product ensures that it doesn’t drip onto the surrounding areas of the callus. It does not remove the callus by itself but it does significantly soften calluses after 3-5 minutes in preparation for buffing or scrubbing. The container is a squeezable bottle to make application easier.
2. Mosco Liquid Callus & Corn Remover
Another top performing product is the Mosco Liquid Callus & Corn Remover, the main ingredient of which is 17.6% Salicylic acid. It can also be used on corns and not just on calluses. All you need to do is to swab it on with its brush applicator. This particular product is mild enough to be left on the skin and covered with a bandage, after which the callus will peel off by itself. You may also scrub it off after if you wish but this will need to be done carefully and gently.
3. Simon and Tom Callus Remover Gel
What’s great about the Simon and Tom Callus Remover Gel is that it makes use of natural ingredients. It has moroccan argan oil, a highly effective moisturizer, and tea tree oil, perfect for exfoliating. The aloe vera, meanwhile, gives a soothing sensation as well as aids in conditioning and softening your skin. This gel will need to be applied with a glove and then the gel and hard skin should be scraped off using the scraper which comes with the product.
4. Profoot Callus Blaster
The Profoot Callus Blaster utilizes micro beads to scour off dead skin cells. It works by going under the skin’s surface, softening and removing the callus to reveal healthier skin underneath after 2-3 weeks. This gentle formula works gradually without harming the rest of your skin. It’s easy to use and you don’t need to apply a large amount of product, either. A tingling sensation will be observed after application which means the product is working, but you will need to wash off the product after about 3 minutes.
5. Urea Cream 40- Corn and Callus Remover
The key ingredient in Urea Cream 40- Corn and Callus Remover is urea, used together with allantoin and glycerin to condition and relax the skin. Dry, rough skin and calluses are removed easily after consistent application of this product. At the same time, the new skin layer is reinforced with moisture to make it smooth and healthy. This product is also safe to use when removing corns. Regular use of this product over the course of 2-3 weeks will either make the calluses and/or corns peel off by themselves or soften them sufficiently for easy removal.
6. ProLinc Callus Eliminator
One of the most well-known products for callus removal is the ProLinc Callus Eliminator. With its propylene glycol, potassium hydroxide, and glycerin, it moisturizes the skin and softens calluses and any hard, dry skin. All you need are 3-5 minutes of application and you can already feel the product working. You can then use a buffer or file to gently scrape off the dead skin cells. Most users are highly satisfied with this product as it gives results right away thanks to the potency of its ingredients. Just make sure to follow directions when using this to avoid chemical burns.
7. Sally Hansen Salon Intensive Callus Remover
From a brand recognized in the beauty and cosmetics industry, Sally Hansen, the Sally Hansen Salon Intensive Callus Remover is ideal for intensive foot care. This gel uses minerals extracted from the Dead Sea and other plant-based ingredients to soften and exfoliate dead skin. This product is quite effective for light to moderate calluses, yielding results after a minute of application. However, you have to carefully wash off the product after a minute. With regular use, only once or twice weekly, you can keep your feet smooth and callus-free.
8. Flexitol Callus Remover Cream
The Flexitol Callus Remover Cream excels at treating rough, hard skin and calluses. It makes use of Alpha hydroxyl acid, a potent ingredient for any skin condition and urea, which gives superior hydration. This cream is mild enough to be used twice daily and results can be seen in a few days. It’s also easy to use and does not leave an oily feel on the skin. Once the dead skin is removed, you’ll find that the skin underneath is softer, smoother and healthier.