- 1 Best Whitening Toothpaste Options
- 2 Our Top Pick
- 2.0.1 Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste
- 2.0.2 1. Crest 3D White Vivid Anticavity Teeth Whitening Radiant Mint Toothpaste
- 2.0.3 2. Rembrandt Gentle Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
- 2.0.4 3. Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste
- 2.0.5 4. Supersmile Professional Whitening Toothpaste
- 2.0.6 5. Arm & Hammer Advanced White Toothpaste
- 2.0.7 6. Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening Fluoride-Free Toothpaste
- 2.0.8 7. Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste
Best Whitening Toothpaste Options
A set of white teeth plays an important role in a person’s life. Having white teeth boosts confidence and can be your ticket to many job opportunities. Maintaining your teeth can cost you a fortune and going to a dentist on a regular basis to do just that can be taxing on your pocket.
If you are a heavy drinker of fruit juices, tea, or coffee (or anything that has caffeine), your teeth will surely lose its white color. These and habitual smoking and drinking are just among the sources that bring about teeth discoloration. But whatever it is that causes you to worry about your teeth color, there are some measures you can use to solve the problem. Whitening toothpastes can take that distracting hue away.
Our Top Pick
Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste
Why we say so?
- Gentle whitening toothpaste formulated to protect against acid erosion
- Contains fluoride for cavity protection
- Hardens and whitens tooth enamel says a large majority of previous buyers
Whitening toothpaste can remove stains and whitens your teeth. It normally consists of some elements abrasive enough to eliminate stains. Unlike dental whitening treatments that can whiten teeth and possibly change its color, whitening toothpaste aids in the removal and prevention of surface stains. This type of toothpaste is prescribed by dentists as a follow up measure for newly bleached teeth.
Ingredients of the best whitening toothpastes:
- Hydrogen Peroxide – helps bleach the teeth by allowing oxygen go through the teeth enamel while breaking down into smaller compounds.
- Calprox – includes baking soda and 16 ingredients more. This ingredient has a nonabrasive characteristic and dissolves the pellicle layer which causes discoloration and plaque buildup.
- Hydrated Silica – once combined with calcium carbide, it becomes tremendously effective in plaque removal.
- Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) – aids in preventing new stains from sticking on your teeth.
- Potassium Nitrate – whitens teeth and helps in sensitivity reduction by protecting root nerves under the gum line.
- Sodium Bicarbonate or Baking Soda – a very gentle abrasive which helps not only in whitening and cleaning the teeth but neutralizing mouth acids which may damage the tooth enamel.
- Sodium Monofluorophosphate (Fluoride) – very helpful in tooth cavity prevention and sensitivity reduction.
- Sodium tripolyphosphate – functions as a detergent agent to remove stains from the teeth.
Using a teeth whitening paste on a regular basis makes your teeth whiter after 2 – 6 weeks. However, it is imperative to follow every manufacturer’s recommendations as teeth enamel may result to irreversible damage due to excessive use.
Toothpaste Brand Main Features User Feedback Price Level How We Rate Them
Crest 3D White Vivid Anticavity Teeth Whitening Radiant Mint Toothpaste Removes up to 80% of surface stains & guarantees whiter smile in just 14 days, micro-cleansing whiteners, gentle foaming action to clean hard to reach places Very good medium 4.5 / 5
Rembrandt Gentle Teeth Whitening Toothpaste Gentle whitening Sls & surfactant free formula specifically formulated for people prone to canker sores, actively restores & strengthens enamel, originally developed by a cosmetic dentist Very good Low 4.6 / 5
Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste Gentle whitening toothpaste formulated to protect against acid erosion and to remove stains, contains fluoride for cavity protection, helps harden and whiten the tooth enamel Very good medium 4.6 / 5
Supersmile Professional Whitening Toothpaste The first whitening fluoride toothpaste with Calprox® & baking soda, #1 patented whitening toothpaste recommended by top cosmetic dentists, safe on bondings and veneers, bleached teeth, braces and even dentures. Very good High 4.0 / 5
Arm & Hammer Advanced White Toothpaste Stain DefenseTM technology to prevent new stains, fluoride cavity protection & tartar control, pack of 3 Very good Medium 4.7 / 5
Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening Fluoride-Free Toothpaste Tom's of Maine anti plaque and whitening fluoride free toothpaste is gluten-free, cruelty-free, and halal & kosher-certified, no artificial dyes, sweeteners or flavors, pack of two, 5.5 oz each Very good Low 4.5 / 5
Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste Helps remove stains on tooth surface, all natural flavors and ingredients, cavity fighter has cool mint & fluoride Very good Low 4.2 / 5
Here are some of the fines toothpastes capable of providing you with a clear white smile:
1. Crest 3D White Vivid Anticavity Teeth Whitening Radiant Mint Toothpaste
The Crest 3D White Toothpaste is rated as the best toothpaste that can deliver white teeth. It features a formula that utilizes several revolutionary cleansing and whitening agents that can remove any stains in a gentlest manner. It contains essential ingredients like Fluoride and Sorbitol that can kill bacteria which cause gum diseases and cavities.
You can obtain a whiter set of pearlies in a couple of weeks which is faster compared to other brands. It removes a good number of surface stains; pair it with Crest whitening strips and you have a guaranteed instant white set of teeth.
2. Rembrandt Gentle Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
This whitening toothpaste cleans and whitens at the same time with its gentle touch. Rembrandt’s whitening formula includes sodium fluoride which works gently way as a whitening agent and strengthens tooth enamel while it fights cavities.
This is the perfect option for people who have dry lips and sensitive gums. It doesn’t contain sodium lauryl sulphate which is a harsh compound that may irritate delicate mouths.
3. Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste
Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste the most ideal choice for people with sensitive teeth as the company has structured its business model to aid those with sensitive teeth. It rebuilds enamel and teeth strength without damaging it further in the course of action.
This toothpaste works excellently in protecting the teeth from acid erosion, stain removal and many more. It contains Flouride that acts to protect teeth from plaque and gum diseases.
4. Supersmile Professional Whitening Toothpaste
Supersmile Professional Whitening Toothpaste best works in treating gingivitis. It is considered as among the first toothpaste products to combine fluoride, baking soda, and Calprox. The triple combination formula removes even the most obstinate stains on the tooth enamel as it freshens breath, protects it from cavities, while it whitens the teeth. It’s touted to be one of the best toothpastes sold today.
5. Arm & Hammer Advanced White Toothpaste
The Arm & Hammer Advanced White Toothpaste combines the magic of baking soda and toothpaste in one to achieve natural whitening effect on teeth. It can treat a wide range of dental health issues without requiring strong chemicals.
Flouride is incorporated into the mixture of ingredients to aid in protecting the teeth from cavities or gum diseases. All ingredients blend to counterbalance toxic acids found in the mouth; neutralizing these acids to prevent enamel erosion.
6. Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening Fluoride-Free Toothpaste
This whitening toothpaste has natural ingredients and whitens teeth with its naturally-sourced silicas. This Fluoride-free whitening formula contains no dyes, flavors, nor sweeteners. While it is also capable of removing plaque, this toothpaste is safe, gluten-free, halal, and kosher-free. It uses zinc-citrate (from zinc) and the natural Xylitol mineral which is derived from corn or birch trees. It has a natural flavor that people who don’t like the fluoride taste will love.
7. Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste
Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste functions best in removing stains along the tooth’s surface. It boasts of natural ingredients and many flavors that leave the mouth fresh at all times. It contains cool mint with Flouride, anti-cavity and has surface stain capabilities. This whitening agent maintains low-abrasion measures that work to strengthen the enamel and total teeth protection.
What else should you look for in the best whitening toothpaste? The best paste should have enamel protection, tartar prevention and control. It should be approved by the national dental association so that you can be sure the ingredients are safe to use. And lastly—avoid the bleach types because your teeth are not made of fabric materials.