- 1 Best Steam Cleaner
- 1.1 Our Top Pick
- 1.2 Best Garment Steamers for the Home
Best Handheld Garment Steamers for Travel
- 1.3.1 Epica 800 Watt Handheld Fabric Steamer
- 1.3.2 PureSteam Portable Clothes Steamer
- 1.3.3 Ultra Mini Travel Steamer
- 1.3.4 Conclusion
- 1.3.5 Rowenta IS6200 Compact Valet Full Size Garment Steamer
- 1.3.6 Rowenta IS6200 Compact Valet Full Size Garment and Fabric Steamer with Foot Operated On-Off Switch, 1500-Watt, Blue List Price: $129.99 Price: $99.93 You Save: $30.06 Price Disclaimer
Do you loathe ironing clothes? Are you referred to as "the wrinkled one" because your version of ironing consists of vigorously shaking shirts and pants as they come out of the dryer? Or perhaps you've gotten desperate and hung your outfit in the bathroom as you showered to try and steam out the wrinkles....Well, no more! The following garment steamer reviews can solve all your wrinkle-related problems. After all, you probably take care of your skin and body, maybe use organic shampoo and natural body soaps. So why not take care of your wrinkled clothes too?
Read our top picks for best clothes steamer to find out how you can lose the "wrinkled one" label and leave the house looking freshly pressed-EVERYDAY-without ever picking up an iron.
Best Steam Cleaner
Our Top Pick
Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer
Why we rate it #1
1. Faster heat up technology
2. Medium price range
3. Positive reviews coming from more than 2,000 customers
Why Garment Steamers Are a Must-Have
A clothes steamer is simply a device that uses the power of steam to get rid of even the toughest wrinkles in clothes without damaging the fabric. The best steamers are also more efficient and less cumbersome to use than a traditional iron (i.e. no ironing board!). The best garment steamer is one that is lightweight, easy to use, and portable.
No matter what your budget is, there is a garment steamer out there for you. To make it easier to choose, we've narrowed the list down to the top choices with both garment steamer reviews and portable clothes steamer reviews.
Best Garment Steamers for the Home
Rowenta IS6200 Compact Valet Full Size Garment Steamer
The Rowenta IS6200 compact valet full size garment steamer tops our list for usability, cost, durability, and overall positive user reviews. It is simple to use and can be everything from a shirt steamer to a bed sheet steamer!
The Rowenta IS6200 compact valet full size garment steamer tops our list for usability, cost, durability, and overall positive user reviews.
- Comes with a built-in hanger featuring garment clips and a hanger hook, making steaming your clothes convenient and hassle-free
- Water tank holds 81 oz of tap water, allowing up to 1 hour of continuous steaming
- On/off switch is foot-operated and the back wheels make it easy to move
- Features a telescopic pole that pushes down for compact storage and raises up to desired height for steaming clothes. Also features a stay-cool handle and fabric hose.
- This garment steamer comes with accessories, including a lint pad, fabric brush, and crease attachment.
- Reviewers over 6 feet tall thought the telescopic hose could extend more
- Some reviewers have complained that it leaks water when rolled from one room to another
J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer
The J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer is another great choice for anyone wanting a clothes steamer to keep at home. It works for both home and even light commercial applications. You can even use it to steam wallpaper off for a little DIY redecorating! This clothing steamer focuses on steaming and doesn't come with attachments, so if that's important to you, the Rowenta IS6200 might be a better choice.
This is a garment steamer to invest in, as it is the priciest option with the least amount of bells and whistles (i.e. no attachments). However, this is a number one seller and is very popular. Garment steamer reviews of this product agree that it is extremely well-made, durable, and will last for a long time. This seems to make this shirt steamer worth the price.
- Features a 1300-watt solid brass heating element
- Heats up quickly in 2 minutes
- The hose is a convenient 5.5 feet in length with a 6-inch steam head to cover more area during steaming
- Allows for continuous steaming up to 1.5 hours with its 96-oz water reservoir
- It comes with a 3 year warranty
- Doesn't come with any accessories
- Many reviewers have stated that the hose can be a little stiff
- Although it's a best-selling garment steamer, its price tag is significantly higher than many of its high-selling competing clothes steamers
Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer
The Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer is another great choice for anyone needing a clothes steamer on a budget. Featuring several attachments, a strong 1500 watt steamer, and quick preheating time, this is the best clothes steamer for the money.
The best garment steamers are ones that don't break the bank but don't break once you bring them home either. This one seems to be a reliable workhorse, capable of not only pressing the wrinkles out of clothes, linens, and upholstery, but will also freshen your fabrics so they smell clean again.
- This 1500-watt clothes steamer heats up in 45 seconds
- 40-oz water tank provides up to 45 minutes of continuous steaming capability
- Features telescopic pole in addition to a clothes hook, press pad, and attachable fabric brush
- Users tended to experience durability problems after owning product more than 2 years
- The water tank is smaller than other stationary garment steamers
- Some users complained of loss of steam power after extended use due to mineral deposits (this can be avoided by using distilled water instead of tap water)
Best Handheld Garment Steamers for Travel
Epica 800 Watt Handheld Fabric Steamer
The Epica 800 Watt Handheld Fabric Steamer is a compact, highly portable garment steamer that you can easily fit into a small suitcase, carry-on, or even a tote! With a long cable and the ability to heat fairly quickly, you won't feel tethered to the wall by this handheld garment steamer. Instead, this handy device serves as an effective shirt steamer in a pinch.
A handheld steamer that's easy to pack and store is ideal for anyone on the go. Keep one at work for those days when you need to freshen your outfit and one in your suitcase for when you travel and you'll never be wrinkled again!
- Both lightweight and compact, this handheld garment steamer is ideal for travel or for those living in small spaces without a lot of storage
- Water tank holds 7 oz of water, allowing up to 12 minutes of continuous steaming-perfect for quickly steaming a few wrinkled garments
- Clothes steamer heats up in 2 minutes
- Lint remover attachments and a fabric brush are included
- Clothes steamer must be held upright or water will spill
- Leakage can also occur if the water tank is improperly filled
- If you need to steam multiple items, the smaller reservoir will need to be refilled
PureSteam Portable Clothes Steamer
The PureSteam Portable Fabric Steamer is another great option if you need a handheld clothes steamer. Although the manufacturer states that it can easily steam drapes and upholstery as well as clothing, it's usually best to use a larger, stationary garment steamer for those jobs. Otherwise, you're constantly refilling the water reservoir. But, for anyone needing to steam clothing, even using it to sanitize baby clothing, than this is a great portable garment steamer option to consider.
- Features a new nozzle design that consistently delivers and distributes steam evenly
- Heats up quickly in 2 minutes and can deliver up to 10 minutes of continuous steaming
- An 8-foot built-in cable means no extension cord required
- Features an auto shut-off in case the steamer gets too hot or runs too low on water
- It comes with a 2 year warranty
- The water tank must be refilled if steaming a large item or multiple items
- Not suited for steaming larger items like drapery, upholstery, and table linens
Ultra Mini Travel Steamer
The Ultra Mini Travel Steamer heats up quickly, fits in neatly with luggage, and makes another great choice for anyone who travels a lot. At just 8 inches tall, this tiny handheld clothes steamer still packs enough steaming punch to get the wrinkles out of clothing, pillowcases, placemats, and other smaller linens.
The best garment steamer, whether it's a stationary or portable clothes steamer like this one, will not only successfully de-wrinkle you, but will leave your garments smelling fresh. A real plus if you've just endured a long red-eye flight.
- Heats up in just 30 seconds!
- Works to remove wrinkles and creases from all types of fabrics, sturdy or delicate
- Features a handy drawstring travel bag
- With an understandably small water reservoir, steaming multiple items usually requires the tank to be refilled
- Will spill water if not used properly
Whether you're in the market for a handheld garment steamer or a stationary clothes steamer, choosing the best clothes steamer comes down to reading garment steamer reviews and deciding for yourself which model is likely to best suit your needs.
Which one are you going to choose?