- 1 Best Epilator 2017 – Overall Winner
- 2 Best Epilator For Face
- 2.1 Epilator Reviews
- 2.1.1 Braun Silk Epil 7-561
- 2.1.2 Philips HP6576 Satin Epilator
- 2.1.3 Emjoi AP-18 Epilator
- 2.1.4 Philips Satin Soft HP6520
- 2.1.5 Braun Silk Epil 9
- 2.1.6 Panasonic ES-ED90
- 2.1.7 Braun Silk Epil 5280
- 2.1.8 Philips Satinelle HP6401
- 2.1.9 Remington EP7030
- 2.1.10 Braun Silk Epil 3 170
- 2.1.11 Epilator Buying Guide
- 2.1.12 Conclusion
Last updated 6th February 2017
Let’s face it…. Women have a lot of unwanted hair growth in different areas of the body that we are constantly struggling to control. Shaving and waxing is a popular combination for hair removal for women, but what if you could take care of everything with one hair removal product? More and more women are turning to epilators in 2017 for their hair removal needs and choosing the right epilator for your budget and needs is essential.
Whether you are searching for the best facial hair remover or one that can take care of hair removal all over the body, read the following epilator reviews to discover your perfect fit.
Best Epilator 2017 – Overall Winner
Why we chose this:
- Wide epilator dual-disc Epilation Head follows body contours
- Gentle Epilator Head removes hair even on sensitive areas
- More users agree to the positive qualities of this multifunctional epilator
View the Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator and Shaver at Amazon.com <<< check it out at Amazon.com
Best Epilator For Face
Braun Silk Epil 7-561
Why we chose this:
- Suitable for use as a facial epilator or on leggs
- User reviews are very good compared to other similar products
- Braun is a well-known brand in the epilator market so you can buy with confidence
View the Braun Silk-épil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Electric Hair Removal Epilator at Amazon.com <<< check it out at Amazon.com
|Epilator Brand & Model||Key Features||What Users Say||Price Level||Our Rate|
|View the Braun Silk-épil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Electric Epilator < View at Amazon.com||Most efficient on short hairs & most gentle on skin, designed for use in bath or shower, 40 close-grip painless tweezers efficiently remove hairs as fine as 0.5 mm||Very good||Medium||4.3 / 5 < Best Facial Epilator 2016|
|Philips HP6576 Satin Epilator||Hypo-allergenic, textured ceramic discs catch & remove even finest hairs, comfortable & efficient, washable head for optimal hygiene||Very good||High||4.2 / 5|
|Emjoi AP-18 Epilator||72 tweezers for fast and comfortable epilation, pioneer in Glide Technology & Silver Ion, features Dual Opposed Staggered Heads & exclusive middle lifting fingers for flat & short hairs||Very good||Low||4 / 5|
|Philips Satin Soft HP6520||2-speed settings with vibrating massage to stimulates and soothes skin, cord-free epilation, wet and dry use||Very good||Low||4.2 / 5|
|Braun Silk Epil 9||Most innovative precision microgrip tweezer technology to catch even the shortest hairs that waxing cannot do, 40% wider epilation head, up to 4 weeks of smooth skin||Very good||High||4.2 / 5|
|Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator and Shaver at Amazon.com < View at Amazon.com||Multi-functional women's electric razor and epilator with high-performance 2-speed motor, 6 snap-on hair remover and pedicure buffer attachments, includes shaver head with hypo-allergenic blades & foil||Very good||Medium||4.3 / 5 < our choice for best overall|
|Braun Silk Epil 5280||Personalized speed, smartlight for no-miss removal, comes with high frequency massaging rollers & cooling glove to soothe skin after epilation||Very good||Low||4.1 / 5|
|Philips Satinelle HP6401||Efficiency cap for gentle epilation on sensitive areas, 2-speed setting allow for maximum performance, ergonomic grip & washable epilation head||Very Good||Very Low||3.8 / 5|
|Remington EP7030||Face and body epilator with 40 tweezers for wet & dry use, optimal tweezing angling, comes with flexible head & detail light||Good||Low||3.4 / 5|
|Braun Silk Epil 3 170||20-tweezer system gently removes at the root, massaging rollers stimulates eases skin, with smartlight & speed personalization||Very Good||Very Low||4 / 5|
Braun Silk Epil 7-561
One of the top rated epilators is the Braun Silk Epil 7 561 because it can be used wet or dry, very gentle on skin, lasts up to 4 weeks, and is excellent at extracting even the shortest hairs (down to 0.5mm). It offers 40 close-grip tweezers, which is more efficient at removing sections of hair so hair removal doesn’t take as long to accomplish. It also comes with 6 attachments, which include a sensitive skin cap, facial cap, efficiency cap, trimmer cap, shaver head, and a high-frequency massage cap. This means that you only have to invest in a single, multi-purpose epilator, as it works on your face and body. The high-frequency massage system pulses during epilation to reduce discomfort, and the cordless wet/dry feature means you can use it in the shower, which is ideal because the warm water opens your pores and makes hair removal more effective and longer lasting.
Braun Silk Video Review
Philips HP6576 Satin Epilator
This made the list of highly rated epilators due to its ability to hypoallergenic ceramic discs, its active hair lifter that vibrates across the skin to catch and remove flat hairs, and the fact that it gives you smooth skin that last up to a month. The Philips HP6576 Satin ranks as one of the reccomended epilators for face and body, as it comes with a shave, trim, and style attachments so that you can efficiently remove hair from sensitive areas like the bikini line and upper lip. It also features an active massage system that pulses in order to stimulate hair follicles and soothe the skin as it works, which reduces discomfort. This cordless epilator will function for 40 minutes and recharges in an hour. The removable head is washable, which helps prevent ingrown hairs and unsanitary build-up.
Emjoi AP-18 Epilator
One of the best hair removal products on the market is the Ap-18 Emjoi epilator. Its 72 tweezer heads are efficient at quickly removing unwanted hair. It also offers Silver Ion Technology, which provides built-in antimicrobial protection, as well as its patented Glide Technology, which lifts flat hair so the tweezers simply glide over the skin so skin irritation is almost non-existent. Also, the Emjoi epilator gives results that last up to 6 weeks. The dual opposed staggered heads allows the epilator to remove hair over a larger surface area, which gets your skin smoother faster. Its ergonomic handle is comfortable in your hand and this epilator works on the face as well as the body. This is a corded epilator, so no recharging needed, although you can’t take this one in the shower with you.
Philips Satin Soft HP6520
The Philips Satin Soft HP6520 is one of the best hair removal products because of its of its balance between features and price. This budget-friendly option is a wet and dry cordless epilator with hypo-allergenic bristles, 2 speed settings (one for fine hairs in hard to reach spots), and a sensitive area cap to prevent skin irritation in delicate areas. Once charged, this epilator works for 30 minutes, and the head is removable and washable. This epilator is not recommended for the face, but if you’re searching for a personal epilator, including for sensitive areas like the bikini line, this is a great choice.
Braun Silk Epil 9
The Braun Silk Epil 9 joins the ranks among the better quality epilators because it’s not only a wet and dry epilator, but it offers a head that’s 40% wider, which means it removes more hair and you get to spend less time on hair removal. It also features MicroGrip Tweezer technology, meaning its tweezers are longer and wider and are capable of removing hair 4 x shorter than those removed by waxing. Its pivoting head makes it more efficient and the pulsating vibrations reduce pain, especially after continued use. The SmartLight helps you identify those super-fine hairs that are easily overlooked. This epilator is safe for the body and the face-it even comes with a facial cleansing brush!
The Panasonic ES-ED90 earns a spot on this epilator reviews list for its high-quality dual speed motor, multi-functional capabilities, and 6 attachments for hair removal and foot care. It offers a shaver head with hypo-allergenic blades plus a pop-up trimmer for shaping areas like the bikini line. The gentle epilator head was designed for hair removal in delicate areas while the dual-disc epilation head is extra-wide and conforms easily to body contours along legs and arms. With its wet and dry ability plus the bonus of a pedicure buffing attachment, you’ll have smooth skin all over your body in no time!
Braun Silk Epil 5280
This epilator features a comfort system that utilizes high-frequency massaging rollers to reduce discomfort during epilation, plus a cooling glove that soothes delicate skin. The Braun Silk Epil 5 280 is able to efficiently remove hairs 0.5mm in width (equal to a grain of sand!) from the root. It even has a SmartLight so you never miss a stray hair. Skin stays smooth and hair-free up to 4 weeks. You can choose from 2 speeds and this epilator comes with an efficiency cap, trimmer cap, and shaver head.
Philips Satinelle HP6401
One of the top epilators for the body (it’s not recommended for the face), the Philips Satinelle HP6401 comes with 2 speeds, one for coarse and one for fine hair. It also features an efficiency cap for sensitive skin that reduces irritation and discomfort during epilation, especially in delicate areas like the bikini line. The removable head is easy to keep clean and the ergonomic grip makes it easy to handle for longer periods of time. This epilator is affordable, keeps skin smooth for several weeks, and is a great option for those wanting a body epilator.
The Remington EP7030 is a wet/dry epilator for face and body, delivering smooth skin for up to 6 weeks! With 40 tweezers, dual speed, and a pivoting head, this epilator works to catch short, fine hairs in a single pass. It comes with a massaging cap with aloe vera to soothe irritated skin, as well as a perfect angle cap and precision cap ideal for the face and delicate areas. Its built-in grips makes it easy to hold, especially in the shower, and its removable head means you can easily clean this epilator.
Braun Silk Epil 3 170
The Braun Silk Epil 3 170 was designed especially for those seeking an epilator for legs and underarms. It features 20 tweezers and massaging rollers that stimulate your skin and decrease pain. This epilator effectively removes hair at the root without breaking, so you get smooth skin in a single pass. The SmartLight means you won’t accidentally miss a section of fine hair. With the Silk Epil 3, you’ll have smooth legs and underarms for up to 4 weeks, so put that razor away!
Epilator Buying Guide
An epilator is a hair-removal device that once used a spring mechanism to perform its duty. Today’s modern epilator, however, use a set of rotating metal plates that tweeze the hair out from their roots. Most women find it difficult to remove unwanted hair to stay flawless and smooth. Certain methods, like shaving and plucking, are not that effective in getting rid of unwanted hair.
Epilators work so great that you only need to use one every few weeks. With so many options to consider, choosing an epilator can be a daunting task. This article will equip you with all the information you need to make the right purchasing decision.
Why Use an Epilator
Epilation is cheaper than waxing and shaving. Using it regularly will lessen your expensive salon visits and waxing at home. When you buy a shaving gel and razors, the long term cost will be bigger than investing in an epilator. It also works great on sensitive skin, unlike hair removal creams or waxing that can cause skin irritation.
The first session can be painful, but much less than other hair removal methods, like sugaring and waxing. Most women will wait for about two to three weeks between their epilation sessions. Hair regrowth will also become softer and smoother in the long run.
Waxing, indeed, is an effective way to remove unwanted hair, particularly on the legs, bikini line, and underarms. However, frequent salon visits for waxing can be expensive, and going DIY can get you in trouble when not done properly. Waxing at home is also often not as effective and smooth as a salon treatment.
Epilation, meanwhile, can be safely done at home. It is also an easy and fast hair removal method. It removes the hair right from its root, and makes regrowth finer and slower. The long term result includes making the hair less noticeable.
Choosing An Epilator For Face and Body
There are several key factors to keep in mind when looking for an epilator to purchase.
- The more powerful the epilator, the more tweezing power it has and the better its ability to remove hair at the root in a single pass without breaking it. A more powerful epilator is typically more expensive, but it will save you time and money in the long run.
- Although many epilators are cordless, some are corded. Cordless epilators will need to be charged, so if you’ll be covering larger areas, you might need to recharge before finishing, in which case a corded epilator might be a better choice.
- Caps are also important, as they help to reduce pain and discomfort during epilation. Even the lower-end epilators tend to offer an efficiency cap to reduce pain. If you want an epilator for face and body, however, paying a little more for an epilator with multiple caps (i.e. one for body and a facial cap) will prevent the need to buy 2 epilators.
- A washable head is also important. Keeping your epilator clean will help to prevent ingrown hairs and skin rash.
So stop worrying about hiding your body due to unsightly razor burn!
Factors to Consider
There are many epilators available out there that come in various designs, sizes, and prices. Below are the most important factors to consider:
- Type of epilator: There are basically three types: rotating discs, rotating spiral wire, or multiple tweezers. The spring type has coiled or separated springs that pull out the hair out, but this one tends to be less effective than the other two. The rotating disc type, meanwhile, also pulls out the hair, but uses rotating discs, instead of coiled springs. The tweezer type is the most modern epilator, so far, as the plates move together and apart in one revolution to create a tweezing effect.
- Tweezers: Epilators come in different amounts of tweezers. Ideally, a device with more tweezers will work better on getting rid of unwanted hair. Having more tweezers will make the process shorter, but the amount of pain you will feel may be higher.
- Target areas: Most women use the device for the arms and legs, but you may also use it on other areas, such as the underarms, face, or bikini line. If you are targeting more than one or two areas, then you will want to find an epilator with special heads.
- Pain tolerance: Epilation can be a painful process as it removes the hair from the root by pulling it out rapidly. If this is your first time to use an epilator, the first session will be longer and slightly painful. Easing the pain is easy, too, with some models having accessories like a cooling pack or cooling wipes.
- Speed settings: Most epilators have two speed settings. There are a few models that have only one speed setting. Beginners or those who only plan to use the epilator on sensitive areas of the body will want a unit with two speed settings to easily change to your preferred speed.
- Cost: Epilators normally cost between 30 and 120 dollars. While the more expensive ones normally have more features to offer, your needs will play a role in which model you should purchase.
Finding the right epilator does not have to be difficult. Below are some extra features and options that you can check:
- Rechargeable or cordless epilators – they are usually used in the shower or bath, and are convenient because it will not need plugging.
- Corded epilators – these are more powerful than the cordless versions, but they need to be plugged in to be used. This one, however, does not need recharging, so you can use it right away.
- Wet and dry epilators – these models can be used in the shower or bath safely, but remember that epilation works best on dry skin.
- Massage function – this feature helps soothe the skin and dull nerve endings to reduce the pain being felt during epilation.
- 2- or 3-in-1 function – this one will offer more than just epilation. It will also work as a trimmer or shaver. This function helps trim the hair down for better epilation.
How To Epilate
Used Versus Brand New
Some people choose to buy used products to save money. There are several factors that affect the buying decision of these people, such as desired features and budget. The used ones can be purchased online, mostly in mint condition. If you are worried about hygiene, however, then buying a new epilator would be your best bet.
It may cost more than buying a used version, but it will rid you from worries when you purchase a new one. If you are considering to buy a used epilator, then make sure to check the item’s condition on the product description. Any defects or damage should be listed. The replacement heads can be purchased online, as well, for a reasonable price.
An epilator works great in removing unwanted hair, even on sensitive areas. They are more expensive than shaving and waxing, but the long term cost is cheaper. There are several factors and features to consider, but the right epilator is one that can match your needs. You need to be extra careful when thinking about purchasing a used one for reasons like hygiene and the item’s condition. If you want to have a piece of mind, then it will be wise to purchase a brand new epilator that comes with a warranty.
Searching for the an epilator for face and body can feel overwhelming, especially if you’re new to the idea of epilation. Hopefully, these epilator reviews helped you identify at least 1 or 2 candidates. Once you choose one, you’ll be on your way to smooth skin that lasts a month or more!