- 1 Best Boar Bristle Brush
- 2 Best Boar Bristle Hair Brushes
- 2.1 Best Boar Bristle Round Brush
Boar bristle hairbrushes provide a great way of cleaning your hair. They are not meant for detangling as you will need a wide-toothed comb for this purpose. This type of hairbrush helps clean your hair while distributing the beneficial oils produced by your scalp.
Boar bristle hairbrushes also work by massaging your scalp, and sealing the hair cuticles to allow for lustrous and shiny strands. If you are looking for the best one for your haircare needs, then you are on the right page. Read on to know more about what boar bristle hairbrushes can do for you.
Best Boar Bristle Brush
Ibiza Hair Extended Cork Round Brush, Large EX4
Why we chose this:
- Affordable with more customer satisfaction reports.
- Swirled bristles work for body and smoothness.
- Perfect for regular to coarse hair.
Benefits of Using Boar Bristle Hairbrushes
There are many reasons why these hair brushes can keep your hair looking great every day, such as:
- Providing a natural way of conditioning your hair: This type of hairbrush helps improve your hair’s shine and texture, similar to the benefits offered by conditioners. The unique structure of the bristles allow for the distribution of sebum, which is the oil produced by your scalp, throughout your hair. Coating each strand with some oil will help prevent dryness, and promote healthy strands.
- Improving your hair texture: You will notice that your hair is gradually improving over time. Morning brushing will help settle your hair. While it does not change your hair type, it does bring out the best out of it. If you have straight hair, then you might see some bouncy and shine.
- Reducing the frizz: Sebum is the best anti-frizz solution for your hair. Using a boar briste brush will lubricate each strand with this natural oil, so you should notice a significant reduction in the frizz.
- Stimulating your scalp: This brush feels relaxing on the scalp, stimulating the blood flow to your hair follicles. If you have been suffering from hair loss, then use this brush regularly and see your hair growth improve.
- Reducing the need for other styling products: Regular use of this hairbrush will result in the decrease of your hair styling product purchases. This is a good thing because keeping your hair in top condition will become less expensive in the future. Who knows? You might have to ditch your leave-in conditioner later on.
- Decreasing the need for washing: Frequent washing can damage your hair. With the boar bristle brush, you can already keep your hair clean and healthy without the need for daily washing.
Choosing the Right Boar Bristle Hairbrush
This hairbrush does not detangle your hair. It works by making your hair smooth, shiny, and clean. The brush prevents oil build-up on your scalp because it distributes the sebum throughout your hair. This oil is the reason behind your dirty hair, and distributing it all over your hair will result in a cleaner scalp. Before you head out to purchase your own boar bristle brush, here are some buying tips to help you find the best one:
Check the end of the bristles
Look for a brush that uses the first cut of the bristles. It means that the bristles are taken from bulb end of the whole bristles. The tips are rounded, so they are more gentle on the scalp.
Bristles must be long enough
The bristles should be long enough to come in contact with your scalp. The brush should pass through your hair less frequently. If you cannot test the brush before buying it, you can choose the bristle length based on estimate.
Know the right bristle toughness for your hair type
Hard bristles, or those with some nylon bristles, are not appropriate for people with fine hair. This hair type requires 100 percent boar bristles because they are soft to touch. Meanwhile, people with curly or thick hair will look for the harder bristles or those mixed with nylon bristles.
Select hairbrush shape based on hair type
Choose your hairbrush shape based on your hair type. A round brush will help add volume and body. A paddle-type brush, on the other hand, will best suit users with extra long hair. A narrower brush will work for people with thin or fine hair to prevent damage.
Best Boar Bristle Hair Brushes
| || || || ||
|WEN by Chaz Dean Wen Boar Bristle Brush||Handle of this boar bristle brush is laser-etched for better grip control; has the right amount of bristles; shields hair from heat damage||Good||Low||4.0 / 5|
|Ibiza Hair Extended Cork Round Brush Large EX4||Classic & stylish looking brush with bristles mixed with heat-resistant nylon bristles for well-protected hair strands; perfect for thick or curly hair||Very Good||Mid-Range||4.2 / 5|
|Moroccanoil Ceramic Barrel Round Brush||For medium to extra long hair; ceramic barrel with all-natural materials; designed to distribute the natural sebum all throughout the hair||Good||Mid-Range||4.0 / 5|
|Cricket Technique 100% Boar Bristle Brush||Ideal for creating the best blowout wherein strands fall into place in between bristles; perfect for thin or fine hair||Good||Low||3.9 / 5|
|Olivia Garden Divine Care & Style||Perfect brush for those who are always on-the-go; can be used for all hair types & even on hair extensions; uses 100% boar bristles blended with memory-flex||Excellent||Mid-Range||4.7 / 5|
|Bumble and Bumble Flat Brush||Best tool for creating straight hair with volume; features nylon & boar bristles combo; regular use produces straighter hair without breakage||Good||High||3.5 / 5|
|Brush Lab Diamond Wood Bar Bristle Oval Cushion Brush||Budget-friendly cushioned oval brush; combined nylon & natural bristles; durable & long-lasting||Good||Very Low||4.3 / 5|
Looking for the best boar bristle hair brush can be overwhelming. Now that you have familiarized yourself on the amazing benefits and features of this hairbrush, it is time to know the seven best models on the market today.
WEN by Chaz Dean Wen Boar Bristle Brush
This brush has a lot of helpful features to offer to improve your hair care experience. The handle is laser-etched to provide better grip control. It has the right amount of bristles for ultimate hair styling. Best of all, it shield your hair from heat damage, leaving your hair smooth and shiny.
Best Boar Bristle Round Brush
Ibiza Hair Extended Cork Round Brush Lrge EX4
This brush gives the entire product a classic and stylish look that will surely capture your attention. The bristles are mixed with heat-resistant nylon bristles for well-protected hair strands. People with thick or curly hair will largely benefit from this one.
Moroccanoil Ceramic Barrel Round Brush
This round boar bristle hair brush is perfect for people with medium to extra long hair. It has a ceramic barrel that is covered in neon blue and black for some color pop. Made of all-natural materials, this brush is designed to effectively distribute the natural sebum throughout your hair.
Cricket Technique 100% Boar Bristle Brush
This brush is ideal for creating the best blowout. It is available in medium, large, and extra large. There is no need to worry about pulling or damage because the strands fall into place between the bristles. People with thin or fine hair will surely benefit from its 100 percent boar bristles.
Olivia Garden Divine Care & Style
This one does wonders to your hair, particularly those who are always on-the-go. It can be used on any hair type, even when you have hair extensions on. It uses 100 percent boar bristles, and blended with memory-flex.
Bumble and Bumble Flat Brush
If you want to have straight hair without losing the volume, then this brush is for you. It features a combination of nylon and boar bristles to ensure straighter hair strands. Using it regularly will produce straighter hair without worrying about breakage.
Brush Lab Diamond Wood Bar Bristle Oval Cushion Brush
This brush is perfect for people who are on a budget. Its bristles are a combination of natural boar and nylon bristles to maintain the shine. With a diamond wood design, this brush will surely last for years.
Also Read: Best Round Brush for Fine Hair